Earlier this week, I completed the last of the intermediate algorithm challenges which leaves me with just the Advanced Front-End Projects for the first level certification.
While most of the algorithms were pretty straightforward, one or two of them proved tough to crack and I had to revise my code multiple times before finally getting a working solution that passed all the tests.
In the end, it was a fairly decent exercise and I’ve certainly gained some new knowledge and I know exactly where I need to put in more work.
If you’re interested in looking at my solutions, they can be found on Github.
Aside from the standard user stories, here are a few things I’d like to implement in this project:
- Make the Computer AI really smart
- Two Player Mode
- Add a win counter
Additionally, I’ll be working through the Advanced Algorithm Challenges simultaneously. I found out that completing this section is not necessarily required for certification so I felt I should spend the majority of my time working on the projects instead.
Nonetheless, I’m aiming to complete this section of the curriculum before the end of next week.
In Other News…
I’m taking a programming course this semester at my University in which we’ll be learning Java. So I’ve just signed up for Udemy’s free Java Course which seems to be highly regarded so I’ll be working though that in the coming weeks.
I do not see myself deviating from the web development path anytime soon but I figured there’s no harm in exploring other languages and learning a thing or two from them.